|Personal Web :
- Ph.D.: Social Psychology/Personality, Kansas State University, USA, 1996
- M.A.: Developmental Psychology, Hacettepe University, Turkey, 1988
- B.S.: Psychology, Middle East Technical University, Turkey, 1985
|Work Experience :
- Acting President, Middle East Technical University, Northern Cyprus Campus, August 2016 – October 2016.
- Vice president, Middle East Technical University, Northern Cyprus Campus, February 2016 – July 2016.
- Chairperson, METU, Department of Psychology, December 2003 – July 2011.
- Vice Chairperson, METU, Department of Psychology, May 1999 – March 2001.
- Member of Executive Committee and Vise President, Turkish Psychological Association, 1997 – 1999.
- Member of Executive Board, METU, Learning and Student Development Center (ÖGEB), 2007 – 2016
- Editor (and Founder), Turkish Psychological Articles (Türk Psikoloji Yazıları), 1998 -2002.
- Editor, Turkish Psychological Bulletin, Issues: #7, 8, 9, and 10, 1997-1998.
- Editorial Consultant, IX. National Psychology Congress Scientific Studies, Turkish Psychological Association, Ankara, 1998.
- Member of European Federation of Psychologists Association (EFPA), Committee on Scientific Affairs, representing Turkish Psychological Association, 2005 – 2012.
- Turkish Psychological Association, Traffic Test Calibration Commission Member, 2000 – 2011.
- Member of the Scientific Committee of TUBİM (Türkiye Uyuşturucu ve Uyuşturucu Bağımlılığı İzleme Merkezi), 2008 – 2013.
- Co-Chair, 12th European Congress of Psychology, İstanbul, 2011.
- Consultant to Traffic Research Department of Turkish National Police, 2013- 2014.
|Areas of Interest :
||• Attachment processes and Parenting
• Driver Behavior – Transportation Psychology
• Personality Traits and Assessment
• Effects of Unemployment
• Teaching of Psychology
- Prof. Dr. Çiğdem Kağıtçıbaşı Yaşam Boyu Başarı Ödülü - 3. Sosyal Psikoloji Kongresi 2019
||• Turkish Psychological Association
• International Association for Relationship Research
• Society for Personality and Social Psychology
• Society for Psychological Study of Social Issues
• International Society for the Study of Behavioral Development
• European Association of Personality Psychology
|Kaygısız, Ömür and Sümer, Nebi (2021) "Effects of fixed speed cameras on spatio-temporal pattern of traffic crashes: Ankara case", Journal of Transportation Safety & Security , Vol.13, No.8, 877-895 (SSCI)|
|Aran, Özlü and İplikçi, Ayşe Buğra and Salman Engin, Selin and Sümer, Nebi (2021) "Caregiving profiles of mothers in an economically disadvantaged sample from Turkey: an observational study", Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology , Vol.39, No.3, 326-337 (SSCI)|
|Kırımer_aydınlı, Fulya and Sümer, Nebi (2020) "Bireysel ve ilişkisel bağlamda algılanan partner duyarlığı: derleme çalışması", Türk Psikoloji Yazıları, Vol.23, No.46, 87-100 (NA)|
|Brandt, Mark J. and Kuppens, Toon and Spears, Russell and Andrighetto, Luca and Autin, Frederique and Babincak, Peter and Badea, Constantina and Bae, Jaechang and Batruch, Anatolia and Becker, Julia C. and Bocian, Konrad and Bodroza, Bojana and Bourguignon, David and Bukowski, Marcin and Butera, Fabrizio and Butler, Sarah E. and Chryssochoou, Xenia and Conway, Paul and Crawford, Jarret T. and Croizet, Jean-Claude and De Lemus, Soledad and Degner, Juliane and Dragon, Piotr and Durante, Federica and Easterbrook, Matthew J. and Essien, Iniobong and Forgas, Joseph P. and Gonzalez, Roberto and Graf, Sylvie and Halama, Peter and Han, Gyuseog and Hong, Ryan Y. and Houdek, Petr and Igou, Eric R. and Inbar, Yoel and Jetten, Jolanda and Jimenez Leal, William and Jimenez-Moya, Gloria and Karunagharan, Jaya Kumar and Kende, Anna and Korzh, Maria and Laham, Simon M. and Lammers, Joris and Lim, Li and Manstead, Antony S. R. and Mededovic, Janko and Melton, Zachary J. and Motyl, Matt and Ntani, Spyridoula and Owuamalam, Chuma Kevin and Peker, Muejde and Platow, Michael J. and Prims, J. P. and Reyna, Christine and Rubin, Mark and Saab, Rim and Sankaran, Sindhuja and Shepherd, Lee and Sibley, Chris G. and Sobkow, Agata and Spruyt, Bram and Stroebaek, Pernille and Sümer, Nebi and Sweetman, Joseph and Teixeira, Catia P. and Toma, Claudia and Ujhelyi, Adrienn and Van der Toorn, Jojanneke and Van Hiel, Alain and Vasquez-Echeverria, Alejandro and Vazquez, Alexandra and Vianello, Michelangelo and Vranka, Marek and Yzerbyt, Vincent and Zimmerman, Jennifer L. (2020) "Subjective status and perceived legitimacy across countries", European Journal of Social Psychology, Vol.50, No.5, 921-942 (SSCI)|
|Sümer, Nebi and Metin Orta, İrem and Alsancak-Akbulut, Cansu and Salman-Engin, Selin and İlden-Koçkar, Aylin and Şahin-Acar, Başak and Akkol-Solakoğlu, Selin and Aran, Özlü and Çakır, Derya Selin and Kavaklı, Baldan and Memişoğlu-Şanlı, Aybegüm and Sağel-Çetiner, Ece and Türe, Didem and Üstünel, Anıl Özge and Yaşar, Buket (2020) "Olumlu ebeveyn davranışlarını artırmaya yönelik video-geri bildirimli müdahale programının anne duyarlığı üzerindeki etkisinin Türkiye'de incelenmesi", Türk Psikoloji Dergisi, Vol.35, No.85, 100-116 (SSCI)|
|Salman Engin, Selin and Sümer, Nebi and Sağel Çetiner, Ece and Sakman, Ezgi (2019) "Anne ve babaların ortak ebeveynlik davranış ve algılarının romantik bağlanma ile ilişkisi (The relationship between romantic attachment and coparenting behaviors and perceptions)", Ankara Üniversitesi Dil ve Tarih-Coğrafya Fakültesi Dergisi, Vol.59, No.1, 717-741 (NA)|
|Sümer, Nebi and Pauknerova, Daniela and Vancea, Mihaela and Manuoğlu, Elif (2019) "Intergenerational transmission of work values in Czech Republic, Spain, and Turkey: parent-child similarity and the moderating role of parenting behaviors", Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science (SI), Vol.682, No.1, 86-105 (SSCI)|
|Sakman, Ezgi and Sümer, Nebi (2018) "Güvensiz bağlanma neden yaygın? Bir erken uyarı ve uzaklaşma sistemi olarak güvensiz bağlanma (Why is insecure attachment prevalent? Insecure attachment as an early alarm and escape system)", Türk Psikoloji Yazıları, Vol.21, No.42, 1-13 (NA)|
|Şengül-İnal, Gülbin and Sümer, Nebi (2018) "Duyusal işlemleme hassasiyeti: kuramsal çerçeve ve derleme çalışması", Türk Psikoloji Yazıları, Vol.21, No.42, 38-54 (NA)|
|Book Section / Chapter|
|Sümer, Nebi and Bal, Haluk Mert and Cemalcılar, Zeynep, "Differences across generations and stability of values in the turbulence of social change in Turkey", Intergenerational transmission and economic self-sufficiency, Tosun, Jale and Kittel, Bernhard and Pauknerová, Daniela (eds.), Cham: Palgrave Macmillan, May 2021, 263-295|
|Eskin, Mehmet and Aycan, Zeynep and Sümer, Hayriye Canan and Sümer, Nebi , "Psychology as a profession in Turkey: current state and challenges", Teaching Psychology Around the World, Rich, Grant J. and Lopez, Alfredo Padilla and Ebersohn, Liesel and Taylor, Jacqui and Morrissey, Shirley (eds.), New Castle, U.K.: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, April 2020, 291-301|
|Sümer, Nebi and Sümer, Hayriye Canan and Eskin, Mehmet, "The journey of psychology education in Turkey: challenges and opportunities", Teaching Psychology Around the World, Rich, Grant J. and Lopez, Alfredo Padilla and Ebersohn, Liesel and Taylor, Jacqui and Morrissey, Shirley (eds.), New Castle, U.K: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, April 2020, 302-315|
|Sümer, Nebi and Ulaşan Özgüle, Emine Tuna and Özen Çıplak, Ayça, "Evlilikte bağlanma dinamikleri ve çatışma [Attachment dynamics and conflict in marriage]", Türkiye Klinikleri Psikoloji - Özel: Aile Sistemleri, Güre, Ayşen (ed.), Ankara, Türkiye: Türkiye Klinikleri, October 2019, 1-13|